Musings on music, old, new, popular and obscure. Post punk, metal, hip-hop, funk, and rock in general. A music fan with a desire to lose boundaries on what should and should not be listened to writes about experience in music from a listener's perspective, hopefully unhindered by prior expectation.

Friday, August 10, 2012

It's Time to Tie Your Loose Ends Up (Tie 'Em Up!) -- More Errata!

As I start work on something far more informative and useful, some updates are happening around this blog. I've updated the sourcing for entries on the right side of the page through the most recent post prior to this one (this one will be added shortly!). I'll be updating the "CDs Visible in the Banner" over on the right as well, now that I have a more focused and higher resolution image in place--even if that means they may indeed be easier to read now anyway.

While I am doing this, this post also serves to advance my immediate cause of referencing Tommy Stinson's short-lived post-Replacements project, Bash & Pop, whose album (not first, not second--just album) I picked up yesterday as I thought, "Why do I know this name, 'Bash & Pop'?" and was luckily able to look them up quickly and then bump the heel of my palm against my forehead. I don't know them well enough yet to write much at all, though I was tempted to write a "Post 'Mats" article, as I have a fondness for (and a much greater familiarity with) the works of Paul Westerberg. But I'm going to keep myself restrained regarding my "immediate impressions" sensibilities for a non-exceptional instance.

What I will mention, however, is the next stack of items added to my queue at the moment, just as a starting off point for anyone who happens by and wants to give some, any, or all a thumbs up. As with the last time I did this, here's an image of those releases:



Agoraphobic Nosebleed/Converge - The Poached Diaries
Alien - The Pleasure of Leisure
Baroness - Yellow & Green
Bash & Pop - Friday Night Is Killing Me
Blindside - A Thought Crushed My Mind
Botch - An Anthology of Dead Ends
Boysetsfire - Live for Today
Bronski Beat - Truthdare or Doubledare
Burning Airlines - Identikit
Burning Airlines - Mission: Control
The Byrds - The Preflyte Session
Cabaret Voltaire - Mix Up
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Tender Prey
Clinic - Walking With Thee
The Cult - Sonic Temple
An Emotional Fish - Junk Puppets
Brian Eno - Discreet Music
Bob Geldof - How to Compose Popular Songs That Will Sell Well
GoGoGo Airheart - GoGoGo Airheart
Harvey Milk - Special Wishes
Hot Cross - Cryonics
Jaguar Love - Jaguar Love EP
Jayhawks - Music from the North Country [Anthology]
Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance
Kno - Death Is Silent
Lit - Atomic
Mercury Rev - All Is Dream
Takako Minekawa - Roomic Cube
Mission of Burma - Unsound
Rabies Caste - Let the Soul Out and Cut the Vein
Radiohead - Amnesiac [Deluxe]
Radiohead - Kid A [Deluxe]
Radiohead - OK Computer [Deluxe]
Royal City - Little Heart's Ease
Ruhaeda - Ruhaeda
The Ruts - Something I Said - The Best of the Ruts
Slint - Spiderland
Smashing Pumpkins - Pisces Iscariot [Deluxe]
Chris Spedding - Enemy Within
Sunny Day Real Estate - Diary
Supersuckers - Devil's Food
Tangerine Dream - Green Desert
Television - Adventure
Tones on Tail - Everything!
Torcher - Your Word Against Fire
Tom Waits - Blood Money
X-Dream - Radio
 

And below all of those, Paul McCartney's McCartney, McCartney II, and RAM in their ridiculous deluxe editions that I've been slowly working through in their breadth and depth as multi-disc issues with huge hardcover books.

Last time, I made notes on the items I included. The volume here means I don't really plan to do that this time, but I will note a few things: 
If you like hunting out the things I mentioned (though they are in alphabetical order!), the Radiohead and Smashing Pumpkins titles are both in spine-un-identifiable formats. 
I owned a digital copy of Blood Money already.
This is really my first "old" Nick Cave album, it's true. I do own the first Grinderman as well as Dig!!! Lazarus Dig!!! and Abattoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus, but nothing that has been around to get completely re-issued before.
Tangerine Dream's Green Desert is in my (home) stereo right now and I can't be arsed to go get it out and re-take the picture. 
I owned Blindside's A Thought Crushed My Mind previously, but this edition is expanded a bit.
I'd never heard of a number of these bands and was taking a chance on label, cost, reputation, recommendation and a few other notes.

This also doesn't include vinyl purchases, but for your edification, here are the two pretty ones most recently added to my collection:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...